Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Queens Memory Volunteer 2019-20
QUEENS MEMORY GENERAL VOLUNTEER 2019-2020
Queens Memory is a program created in collaboration with Queens College, to collect stories and images of life in the borough. The program provides training and the necessary materials for anyone to contribute oral history interviews, photographs, and other records that we then archive and make available to researchers. Volunteers come from all over the borough.
WAYS IN WHICH YOU CAN VOLUNTEER WITH US:
- Conducting interviews (scheduling and preparing oral history interviews all over the borough)
- Processing interviews (creating written documentation and audio clips)
- Translating language used in interviews and program material
- Data entry
- Archival research
- Teaching Queens Memory in your classroom
- Podcast production
- Hosting a Queens Memory history party
- Conducting outreach in your community
- Neighborhood documentation
- 21 years old and up
- Must be able to effectively communicate with community members and staff.
- Must be organized and thorough-minded.
- Willingness to become familiar with equipment including a digital camera, audio recorder, and audio editing software.
- Understanding of Queens history and geography a plus.
- Project times are flexible (exact schedule to be determined)
- Queens Memory is based at the Jamaica Central Library, but volunteers work all over the borough conducting interviews.
- Individuals 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button to register.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: