Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Literacy Tutor at Central (YALP) 2018-19
The Young Adult Literacy Program (YALP) at Queens Library offers educational assistance to young adults ages 16 – 24 years old. YALP offers participants the opportunity to study for the High School Equivalency exam and provides additional resources such as case management, job readiness workshops, and internships. The Literacy Tutor at Astoria (YALP) will work with class instructors to provide additional assistance to students with low to high literacy and math skills.
- 18 years of age and older.
- Must have a high school diploma or higher degree.
- Must have good writing, reading, and math (algebra) skills.
- Must be able to assist students with classwork and homework when needed
- Good communication skills.
- Patient and have a desire to help others.
Mondays - Thursdays 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, with walk-in services available Fridays 10:00 am -2:00 pm.
Please upload your resume with your application. Due to limited availability for interviews, only applicants with applicable skills and experience will be contacted.
Volunteer placements are not guaranteed.
Individuals 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button and create a volunteer profile to get started! A valid email address is required to register.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: