Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Storytime Assistant at Hunters Point 2019-20
The Story Time Assistant would provide support to the Children's Librarian with introducing and conducting a series of activities and programs related to the Story Time programs. This will include:
- Assist Children’s Librarians during toddler and baby storytimes
- Help supervise and facilitate playtimes for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers
- Prepare materials for early childhood programs.
- Set up and clean up programming rooms
- Read one-on-one with children (Book Buddies)
- Occasionally shelve books and help keep the Children’s Room neat (clean up toys, puzzles, and crayons; clear tables of books, etc.)
- 14 years old and older
- Minors must upload valid parental consent and NYS working papers (Click to download).
- Must possess interpersonal skills
- Prior experience working with young children (birth-four years).
- Have patience and energy
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10:00am - 12:00pm.
Volunteer schedules depend on individual dates and times available.
Incomplete applications (missing documents) will be on hold until all required documents are uploaded.
Individuals 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button to register.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: