Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+, Maximum Age:21
In partnership with NYC Service, QPL volunteers can add your story to documentarNYC. Through images, words, or both, tell the City about your life right now—whether it’s the pandemic, ongoing activism surrounding systemic racism, or anything else that’s relevant to your life in this moment.
- Through documentarNYC you can:
- Show what’s happening in your life
- See what other youth are experiencing
- Keep adding to the story so we witness, connect, care, and hold our stories together.
Registered volunteers, ages 14-21 can receive service hours for each documentarNYC submission, by completing the following steps:
- Register for this project by clicking "Express Interest" (see below)
- Visit the documentarNYC website to view other stories; and give thought to what you would like to share.
- Submit your story to the documentarNYC website
- Self-report your hours via your Volunteer Connect account & include the URL of each post to receive credit
This is a virtual service project. Virtual volunteers may be asked to provide confirmation that projects have been completed. Upon completion, volunteers would self report completed hours and provide links to posted videos.
QPL virtual service opportunities maintain our commitment to quality and safety for the public. All volunteers must meet library standards to participate in service projects.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button to apply. A valid email address is required.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: