Cultural Awareness: How to Go Beyond Geography to Become a Community Leader (VIDEO)
Good Leaders Understand the Strength of Diversity.
Effective community leaders and organizers share similar characteristics and traits that allow them to inspire and mobilize others towards definitive actions to improve their community.
This workshop explores the impact of culture -- traditions, beliefs and values on how issues are perceived and addressed within a community. Attendees learn how to validate individual difference and shape a common agenda allowing everyone to work together towards achieving unified goals and objectives.
- What is Cultural Competency?
- What Barriers Impact Cultural Understanding?
- What Are Your "Cultural Files"?
- What are the 4 Stages of Competency?
- Are You Culturally Destructive?
- How to Create a Common Agenda
This workshop is part of our Fundamentals of Community Leadership series. It is ideal for individuals -- local residents, professionals, and community advocates interested in making a difference.