Oct 22nd: The Power of Many: How to Create Community Partnerships
Leaders Can't Do It Alone...Effective community leaders and organizers share similar characteristics and traits that allow them to inspire and mobilize others towards definitive actions to improve their community. This workshop discusses how to motivate community allies to join your efforts and take an active role in the planning and implementation of local actions and interventions.
- What are the Types of Community Partnerships?
- Why Don't Partnerships Work Without an Anchor?
- What are the 12 Community Sectors?
- What is the "Urban Dilemma"?
- How Do I Convince Other to Join the Cause?
- What Strategies (Actions) Always Lead to Change?
WHEN: October 22nd, 2020
TIME: 11:00am - 12:30pm
This is a FREE virtual workshop series. Registration is required. It is open to all adults; with an emphasis on individuals -- local residents, professionals, and community stakeholders interested in making a difference.
FUNDAMENTALS OF COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
Queens Public Library presents a 5-part civic engagement series to enhance your leadership, planning and communication skills; improve how you work with others; and transform you into a strong community advocate.
Sessions include (click to open):