Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+, Maximum Age:21
Youth Leadership Council at Flushing Library
The Youth-to-Youth Teen Leadership Council at Flushing (Y2Y) was established to provide teens, 14-21 with a voice for change within their community.
Members gather 2-4 times each month to develop realistic solutions for issues affecting their everyday lives and work with adult leaders to create new policy, practices and/or advocacy services focuses on youth to nake an impact on individuals and communities.
INCENTIVES FOR ENROLLMENT
- Earn community service hours for college and recognition
- Work toward letter of recommendation for college
- Develop leadership skills
- Create school-wide/ community-wide changes
- Improve policies in New York City Work towards creating a culture of youth voice in your community
- Opportunity for youth to assist peers and community by addressing issues of mutual concern
- Engage in civic duties and learn about the city
- Career development
- Build social network in the city
Meetings occur 2-4 times a month; Thursdays from 4:00pm - 5:30pm beginning November 2nd through May 24th
CLICK THE "EXPRESS INTEREST" BUTTON AND CREATE A VOLUNTEER PROFILE TO GET STARTED! A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS IS REQUIRED TO REGISTER.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: