Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Queens Memory Community Liaison 2018-19
Assistants will be responsible for assisting in preparation and facilitation of Queens Memory events around Queens with support from Queens Library staff. These events will generate new oral history recordings and photographs as well as digitized maps, documents, ephemera, and photographs. They will be trained to use a scanner, digital camera, audio recorder and audio editing software. They will then assist with the processing of oral histories, photos and other artifacts donated by the public to the library’s local history collections.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with community members. This might sometimes involve written and spoken fluency in more than one language.
- Willingness to become familiar with an equipment kit including a digital camera, audio recorder, audio editing software.
- Understanding of Queens history and geography a plus.
- Project times are flexible (exact schedule to be determined)
- Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin preferred.
Minors must possess valid parental/guardian consent & NYS working papers. Documents must be uploaded with application.
Individuals, 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button and create a volunteer profile to get started! A valid email address is required to register.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: