Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Foreign Language Facilitator at New Americans Program 2019-20
Would you like to share your language expertise with your neighbors in Queens? Help bridge the language communication gap in Queens! We are looking for volunteers who are bilingual or native Spanish, Mandarin, or French speakers to volunteer as facilitators. Volunteers will be trained as facilitators for an innovative adult education program, for adults who are interested in learning another language. The 10-week, 90-minute small group program will teach adults a foreign language using Transparent Language, a Queens Library on-line database, at selected community library sites in Queens.
- 18 years or older
- Bilingual/native speakers who are fluent in English and one of the featured languages: Spanish, Mandarin, or French.
- Comfortable working with adults; previous teaching experience preferred (foreign language teachers/students, interns)
- Must be computer literate and willing to use and assist students with the on-line database as a tool to practice a new language.
- Must have or be willing to sign up for Queens Library Card
The project will start in September 2019 and last for 10 weeks.
Sessions will be scheduled primarily late mornings or Saturdays 11 am - 12:30 pm or 12 - 1:30 pm.
3-hour mandatory training will be provided; date to be determined.
Resume must be uploaded with the application. Due to limited availability for interviews, only applicants with applicable skills and experience will be contacted.
Individuals 18 and older, are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button and create a volunteer profile to get started! A valid email address is required to register.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: