Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Census 2020 - Create a Video PSA
Queens Public Library is seeking volunteers to create short public service announcement videos (PSA) to inform others about the importance of the 2020 Census!
Bring your creativity to life by making four 30 second to 1 minute videos and posting them to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). Choose from a topic and talking points to add to your video OR share why the 2020 Census is important to you.
It's up to you to do the rest -- music, animations, actors, skits -- it's completely up to you!
Open to ages 14 and up
Must possess video recording tools (smartphone, tablets, video camera, etc.)
Must possess a social media account (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
EARN SERVICE CREDIT
You can earn valuable service hours (1 hour) for each video you post. All you need to do is the following:
- Register to the Census 2020 - PSA Project (see below)
- Choose a topic with talking points (download here) OR share why Census 2020 is important to you
- Create and post your video to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) Remember to use the hashtag #myqpl so we can verify your post
- Log into your Volunteer Connect account and Self-Report Your Hours (click here to download instructions)
This is a virtual service project. Virtual volunteers may be asked to provide confirmation that projects have been completed. Upon completion, volunteers would self report completed hours and provide links to posted videos.
QPL virtual service opportunities maintain our commitment to quality and safety for the public. All volunteers must meet library standards to participate in service projects.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button to apply. A valid email address is required.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: