Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Marketing Translators 2020-21
Queens is widely considered one of the most diverse county in the United States with 160+ languages spoken in the borough. As part of our motto to "Speak Your Language", QPL wants to ensure residents stay informed, feel welcome, and connect to library activities held both online and within their local branches.
HOW IT WORKS
We are looking for a minimum of three (3) people for each language and dialect to be available.
- Individuals would be on-call to translate materials into a selected language or dialect
- The Marketing Team would contact volunteers based on the translations needed to determine who is assigned the project
- After confirming availability and receiving the items, volunteers would have 24-36 hours to translate (using MS Word) and return to Marketing
- Open to individuals 18 and older
- Must be available a minimum of 3 hours per week
- Must be fluent in English and one of the needed languages and dialects. This includes the ability to speak, read and write in both.
- Possess basic knowledge to use Microsoft Word to translate materials (this includes adding specific symbols, such as accent marks)
- Must possess an email account that can be used to send and receive information
This is an "on-call" project. Contact and assignments would be disseminated "as-needed" by the department. Individuals would be required to check their email on a regular daily basis and respond in a timely manner.
Individuals 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check and must submit a confidentiality agreement to be considered for this position.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button and create a volunteer profile to get started! A valid email address is required to register.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: