Event Assistant at Central (QPL)
Central Library is seeking volunteers to assist with various aspects of in-person programs conducted at the branch during the week.
Specifically, volunteers would:
- Assist with event hosting with performers at the library.
- Collaborate with the librarian team on promotional fliers distribution, as needed.
- Assist with coordination, planning and executing special events.
- Supervise event activities and exercises time-management of entertainment and other activities.
- Support the staff with the setup and breakdown of events.
- Interact cooperatively and professionally with the public.
- Report to security and staff conditions that may present immediate risk.
- 16 years and older
- Comfortable working with and interacting with a wide age range of children and adults
- Possess a friendly and outgoing personality
- Available Mondays and Fridays 1:00pm -3:00 pm starting in April.
- Minors must possess parental/guardian consent - (click to download) and valid working papers
- Must submit a resume
This is an in-person project. Individuals, 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
CLICK THE "EXPRESS INTEREST" TO REGISTER.
Civic & Community
Families, Low-income communities, Visitors & Travelers, Other
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity:
Give. Advocate. Volunteer.