April 22, 2020: Getting Ready to Volunteer: An Introduction to (Virtual) Service for Teens and Adults
Join us on Wednesday, April 22nd at 4:00pm for this one-hour online session introducing teens and adults to the world of community service; and helps to prepare you to engage in volunteer opportunities held in-person and online.
Some questions to be answered include:
- What is the impact of the COVID-19 health crisis on community service and volunteerism?
- What exactly is community service and how do I find suitable projects?
- What exactly is virtual volunteering and where do I find projects?
- How do I complete community service when I'm not old enough to work?
- What information do I need before applying for volunteer jobs?
- What are the most important steps for parents to help their kids secure volunteer opportunities?
This session is geared towards students and adults with limited knowledge about general community service and/or available resources about virtual volunteer projects.
Wednesday, April 22
4:00pm - 5:00pm