Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Library Aide at Douglaston-Little Neck 2019-20
Library Aides assist with checking in returned materials (i.e. books, DVD’s, CD’s), shelving books when needed, setting up promotional displays, mending books, cataloging items, and preparing reserve materials for pick-up.
- 14 years old and up
- Minors must provide parental consent and valid NYS working papers. - (Click to download).
- Able to work independently.
- Must know how to alphabetize and have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Dependable and organized.
- Familiar with the Dewey classification system
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- required to utilize a computer to enter and retrieve information, and to communicate with staff and external customers;
- use of telephone, copier, fax, and desktop computer other office equipment;
- must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- may use a computer/video display terminal.
Monday/Thursday 4pm-8pm; Tuesday 1pm-6pm;Wednesday/Friday 10am-6pm
Volunteer schedules depend on individual dates and times available.
Required documents must be uploaded with the volunteer application. Incomplete applications (missing required documents) will not be processed.
Individuals 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button to apply. A valid email address is required.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: