Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Children’s Program Assistant at Hunter's Point 2019-20
- help children with craft projects, play games, distribute materials, provide additional supervision and guidance.
- Prepare materials for children’s programs.
- Set up and clean up the programming room.
- Read one-on-one with children (Book Buddies)
- Occasionally shelve books and help keep the Children’s Room neat (clean up toys, puzzles, and crayons; clear tables of books, etc.)
- 14 years old and up
- Minors must upload the required parental consent form and NYS working papers. (Click to download)
- Must have a cheerful attitude and enjoy working with children
- Must demonstrate appropriate behavior and judgment when working with children.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Spanish or Chinese language skills a plus
- Prior experience working with children a plus
Monday through Friday: 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 2-3 hours between 10 am and 4:30 pm
Volunteer schedules depend on individual dates and times available. Volunteers can work 2 to 5 days per week.
Incomplete applications (missing required documents) will be on hold until all documents are uploaded.
Criminal Background Check - Individuals, 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button and create a volunteer profile to get started! A valid email address is required to register.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: