Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Digital Arts and Crafts Lead at Queensbridge Tech Lab 2019-20
The Queensbridge Tech Lab would like to ignite a bi-weekly digital arts & crafts meet-up called the Create & Build Open Lab that will be created by and for young people. The Create & Build Open Lab Leads will be responsible for the following:
- Using Pinterest to research fun hands-on projects that fit within the following parameters:
- Only use Tech Lab supplies & equipment.
- Prioritize using recycled materials.
- Researching projects that fall along a broad spectrum of project types so that it piques the interest of different people (fashion, music, household, good, video games, toiletries, accessories, etc.)
- Researching projects that fall along a broad spectrum of material types/ equipment.
- Prototyping these project ideas.
- With a Tech Lab Instructor deciding on 12 project ideas that were the most fun, innovative, and hands-on.
- Planning out the 12 chosen projects linearly and calendaring 6-weeks' worth of Create & Build Club meet-ups.
- Assisting Tech Lab Instructor with club marketing and recruitment ideas/materials
- Facilitating bi-weekly Club:
- Prepare prototype and any instructional materials for that day's club (hand out, videos, etc.)
- Set up space and materials for the day (supplies, tables, equipment, sign-in sheet)
- Assist patrons with creating their project (can be prepared prompt or another project).
- Help with using/finding tools and materials.
- Re-setting space, equipment, materials.
- Labeling and storing all unfinished projects.
- 14 years old and up
- Minor must upload parental consent form and valid NYS working papers - Click to download.
- Organized and responsible.
- Enjoy creating /building/arts & crafts projects.
- Be creative and good on their feet.
- Like working/helping people/ kids.
- Comfortable using a computer and Microsoft Word.
- Is excited to develop:
- People and teaching skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Research and prototyping skills.
- Digital fabrication skills (3D Printer, Vinyl cutter Sewing Machine).
- Electronics and robotics skills.
Flexible - Mondays, Wednesday, Thursdays, or Saturdays 3 – 6:30pm
Project will start December 2019. Volunteer schedules depend on individual dates and times available.
Required documents must be uploaded with the volunteer application. Incomplete applications (missing required documents) will not be processed.
Criminal Background Check - Individuals, 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button and create a volunteer profile to get started! A valid email address is required to register.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: