Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Chess Club Assistants at Flushing (Children's Room) 2019-20
We are seeking volunteers to assist with Flushing Library’s Chess Club for children in 1st-6th grades. Volunteers will set-up the room, work with children in both 1-on-1 and small groups, and help with clean-up.
- 16 years old and up.
- Minors must upload valid parental/guardian consent & NYS working papers.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of chess is required.
- Able to teach beginner to intermediate level play.
- Must have a cheerful attitude and enjoy working with children.
- Must demonstrate appropriate behavior and judgment when working with children.
- Good communication and time management skills.
Saturdays 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Required documents must be uploaded with the volunteer application. Incomplete applications (missing required documents) will be on hold until required documents are received.
Individuals 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button to apply. A valid email address is required.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: