Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Homework Helper at Queensboro Hill 2019-2020
Homework Helpers assist children with projects and homework during the school year. They will help prioritize assignments and consult with staff to easily access library materials and information. Common subject areas include Math, English Language Arts, Science, and History.
- 16 years old and up
- Minors must upload the required parental consent form and NYS working papers. - Click to download the blank application.
- High School and College students must submit most recent report card/transcript and reflect a 3.0 GPA or 85% average
- Adults must demonstrate prior experience of working with school-age or high school students in a teaching or tutoring capacity
- Bilingual: Spanish, Korean, Greek or Chinese
- Must have a cheerful attitude and enjoy working with children
- Must demonstrate appropriate behavior and judgment when working with children.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Patience and the ability to simplify and explain materials
Monday through Saturday: 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Volunteer schedules depend on individual dates and times available. Volunteers can work 2 to 5 days per week.
Individuals must be willing to commit a minimum of thirty (30) service hours during the season.
Adults (not in school) - Please upload a copy of your resume and any supporting documents that demonstrate prior experience in a teaching or tutoring capacity working with elementary, middle and/or high school students. You may be asked to provide any professional certifications or license information.
Current High School / College / Graduate Students - Please upload a copy of your most recent report card, transcript, or letter on official school letterhead demonstrating a 3.0 GPA or 85% average.
Criminal Background Check - Individuals, 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the "EXPRESS INTEREST" button to register.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: