Friends of Queens Public Library
The Friends of Queens Public Library serve to strengthen the institution as a whole through legislative advocacy, program planning, community awareness and fundraising. Members play a key role in promoting library programs and services and serving as advocates for the Library.
Friends make certain that the communities we serve and the elected officials who represent them know that people care deeply about their local public libraries.
Friends Of The Library Chapters:
- Create public support for the Library
- Sponsor programs designed to enhance the cultural life of the community
- Work with library staff on legislative advocacy
- Encourage volunteer assistance
- Provide direct financial assistance by working with library staff to purchase special items not included in the library budget
Interested in Joining? Tell us which location you want to hear about...click here